What an amazing 85th Academy Award! I typically am not a huge fan of the actual Oscar show (I just like to watch the pre and post shows!) but this year the entertainment was so good. The fashion this year was just like the show…..AMAZING! I did not see a single actor/actress step out in a fashion disaster nor have a fashion mal-function. With all the great looks it was so hard to narrow it down to my favorite top five but after much thought I did it and here they are!
5. Charlize Theron: This Dior Couture peplum gown is so gorgeous! I actually have a dress cut out of a magazine just like this for my wedding (shhh…..keep that a secret)! I love the classic look of this dress with the simplicity of just diamond studs and diamond bracelets!
4. Halle Berry: She knocks it out of the park in this Versace gown. With such a beautiful and detailed dress not much is needed to accessorize this look, and for Halle less was definitely more.
3. Jennifer Gardner: I love everything about this Gucci gown. The color is impeccable and honestly does wonders for all different skin tones! The detailing on the back of this gown must have taken hours upon hours to make and it’s beautiful! My only complaint about the whole look would be that the dress was cut a bit short in the front where her toes hang out. In my opinion I think it would have looked better with the gown barely touching the floor so that her shoes were not so visible. Regardless though, this look is still one of my favorites of the night!!
2. Naomi Watts: I mean Armani Prive clearly knows how to make a gown!! The cut on the neckline is so spectacular and unique, I love it!! The metallic dress with the soft nude hues of her makeup make this whole look a close run for first on my list. Whoever styled her look did an excellent job!
1. Sandra Bullock: Sandra rocked this Elie Saab gown majorly last night! The gown in and of itself is BREATHTAKING!! The classic cut, the lace, the beading……I mean clearly this dress is leaving me a little coocoo!! Elie Saab is a MASTOR at gown designing and he would be my go to for any event if I was a celebrity!! Definitely my favorite overall look of the night!!!